Thursday, November 4, 2010

You cannot know what it feels like to lose someone close to you.

Unless you have walked in my shoes, you cannot know what it feels like to lose someone close to you. It’s very hurtful, watching someone you love go through pain.

When I was 2 years old, I lost a 4 year old brother, due to a brain tumor.

He was always in my heart and with my family everywhere we go. Till this day, I still see the pain in my parents’ eyes and how hard it was to lose a son. I always wished my brother was alive and wondered what it would be like to have an older brother.

About 2 years ago, my grandmother on my father’s side was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had chemotherapy for one year and is a survivor. We were so happy, until about 8 month’s ago we found out about my mom’s mother. She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Spine cancer, which is malignant. She has been fighting this horrible disease for the past many months, and sadly the doctors have been telling us she might not make it to the end of the year.

I’ve experienced some very depressing experiences, but they only made me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment