Sunday, October 24, 2010

When I am no longer in pain, then you can walk in my shoes.

Walk in my shoes … I think not. Wait until you hear my story. I am awaiting authorization to have knee replacement surgery. I am a very optimistic person, and I look forward to the day when I place my foot down, I won’t be in such terrible pain. However, there is another chapter to my story.

It was Mother’s Day, and my daughter and her husband took me out to lunch. They presented me with a present of a pair of Keds shoes which both my daughter and I enjoy wearing. Upon returning home, I tried the shoes on and noticed a little blue tag that read that these shoes are recommended by doctors for people who have problems such as I have. My daughter hadn’t noticed the tag, but purchased the shoes because they were the kind we both liked. I do find less pain when I wear them.

Unfortunately, one day when I was assisting someone to get to the club room from the theater, the gadget that keeps the door open slipped down and made a hole in my right shoe. I now have a triangle made out of duct tape to cover the hole in my right shoe and will have to place another triangle on the left one so they look alike.

Because I am optimistic, I look forward to having the operation and be able to once again walk without all the pain. THEN you can walk in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment